Water Heater Repair Frisco
GPS Plumbing understands the importance of water heater repair. We are rated as one of the best in Frisco, TX. It is a necessity in every home, but what if the water heater breaks down for some reason? You will have to use the ice-cold water all the time until you replace the unit. However, if you contact us, we can repair the hot water heater in a jiffy so that you don’t have to spend hundreds on a new unit or stay without hot water for days. We offer same day service for water heater repair Frisco. So call us today!
Why water heaters fail
Now that you already know the symptoms of hot water heater damage, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why these units don’t work properly. We offer same day service for water heater repair Frisco.
- High water pressure – High water pressure is not only problematic for the hot water heater but also for the pipes and fittings. Every water heater has an overflow pipe, and if that pipe is leaking, it is time to check the water pressure. Excessive pressure will deteriorate the heater faster than you can imagine. We can fix this problem by controlling the water pressure. Ideally, the pressure shouldn’t be more than 80 psi. We will try to bring the pressure down, and even if the pressure and temperature relief valve don’t work to perfection, our plumbers will replace that part.
- Internal rust – Hot water heaters contain sacrificial anodes made of highly active metal rods. These prevent the entire unit from corroding. However, it is essential to replace these rods occasionally so that they don’t build up internal rust. Anode rods last for years, but it is always wise to inspect them from time to time. We can take the responsibility of periodic checkups so that there are no chances of corrosion inside the heater. Worn down anodes can be the source of rust in the water heater, and that’s why they need immediate replacement.
- Corrosive fumes – Water heaters draw in air for combustion. But, if the air quality is poor, it can cause a lot of problems, especially if the air is corrosive. This will not only corrode the tank but will also make it non-functional. We have often come across houses where homeowners keep bleach and ammonia in their bathrooms. They are the biggest enemies to hot water heaters. We can always fix the corrosion, but unless you keep the ammonia and bleach in some other place in the house, no one can save the heater.
- Sediment deposits – Minerals from the water usually separate and settle down at the bottom of the tank when it is heated. The reason why this problem is so critical is that you can’t understand how much sediment is building inside. It will slowly collect for months, and eventually deteriorate the efficiency of the water heater. If you are living in an area where hard water is common, it is better to call us and get the water heater checked now and then. Hard water has a lot of minerals that can accumulate inside the water heater. If we think that the sediment is too much, we will flush the heater to improve its efficiency. Ideally, it is best to flush the hot water heater at least once a year.
- Wrong size of the water heater – Many people try to save money initially while purchasing a hot water heater. They usually invest in a small water heater but have a large family. This leads to the overuse of the water heater, and that is one of the reasons for the breakdown of the unit. You can call us before purchasing a water heater so that our plumbers can recommend the best size of the water heater that will suit your family.
Get 24 x 7 emergency water heater repair service
Sometimes hot water heaters make unusual sounds that terrify homeowners. Apart from noises, if the water heater starts to leak or overflow without any reason, it is impossible to stay calm. Give us a call without wasting time. We are there to provide 24 x 7 emergency services because we know how frightening the sounds are.
Hot water heaters provide much-needed comfort, especially during winters. But, if they don’t work correctly, it is better not to try anything alone. Contact us so that we can fix the problem with the water heater because we don’t want you to stay in any discomfort.